Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Easy Spiced Cider


I love fall!  The sounds, the sights, the smells (I will say this about the Christmas season as well!) and of course the tastes!  Pumpkin spice and all things nice.  One thing that screams autumn to me is apple cider.  I have a crazy easy and crazy fast spiced apple cider recipe for you.  It is slightly adapted from this recipe

Spiced Cider

1 12oz can of frozen apple juice concentrate- 
mixed with water according to directions
1/2 c. red hots candy
1/2 cup brown sugar

Mix all ingredients in a medium pot and simmer until red hots are dissolved.  Bingo bango.



Easy and fast and bueno!  I think I like the more complicated recipe a bit better but I can't complain considering it cost me two dollars and about 15 minutes of my time.  It gets super red so it would be fun for Halloween night after the festivities to warm up.  OH and it is pretty sweet so you can really omit the brown sugar but it is nice when you sip it.  Plus I feel like the brown sugar gives it a little more depth of flavor.  I found the red hots candy in the baking section in the bulk goods at WINCO.  It was the twonkie brand and they were called cinnamon imperials.  

No comments:

Post a Comment