Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thankful Thursday


This Thursday I am grateful for music.  My dad was always singing while we were growing up.  He helped foster my love for Paul Simon.  And the Blues Brothers!  My mom showed me how lovely classical music can be.  I used to fall asleep listening to Mozart every night in high school.  Plus we loved us some musicals around the house.  To top it all off I married a musically inclined man!  Nicholas always has music on.  Always!  He has introduced me to countless bands and genres.

  I love how a song can capture exactly how you feel.  Or help change how you feel.  Have you ever had music speak to your soul?  Yeah me too.  My ears delight at some music.  I will hear a song and wish it could go on for ever and ever.  I am guilty of listening to an album until everyone around me hates it.  I also love that some music almost forces you off your feet.  There are times where I can't help but bust a groove.  Nicholas and I have had many a side of the road dance parties in our day!    















I am not a discriminator of music.  I enjoy most of it!  These are just a couple songs that stood out right at this moment.  What kind of music do you like?  

3 comments:

  1. I love every song you chose!! I find that I can get lost in any song too. Good music good, but Great music is AWESOME!
    I thank my parents for their musical influences as well, Van Halen, KISS and so on...
    Thank you for your post and link up again!!
    Heidi
    www.mustachemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about music. Every day of my life has a soundtrack to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie Perry is one of my favs! I have a deep rooted music obsession...my hubs is always after me to TURN IT DOWN when I blast it in the car or at home. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete