Wednesday, August 29, 2012

We are in kindergarten!

Today was Nicco's first day of Kindergarten!  It went off without a hitch.  No tears were seen.  By me or the boy.  I felt a little guilty about that actually.  Most of the moms were crying.  Not me.  I was dry eyed.  All I felt for him was excitement.  Is that bad?  I think that it helped that they lined them up and took them in without an opportunity to think about it.  Rip it off quick like a bandaid!    

 My boy at his school in line.  He looks so big with his back pack on! 


Hugs before school!  I was afraid Lola would have a rough morning.  I was right.  She missed him big time!  Plus I realized that Nicco and Lola spent a lot of time playing with each other.  They pretty much only needed me to regulate and distribute snacks.  I am going to have some plans for entertaining her.


 Happy little family!  


Sad Lola!  This is the moment when she realized that he wasn't coming home with us.


I will say that I am feeling a little nostalgic already for the days when we could come and go as we please.  I have to come to grips with the fact that our lives are now run by school schedules.  And it will be for a long long time!  I am a grown woman with a child in school.  WTF?!  I feel a little old.   

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to my dear nephew! I never cried on the first day either. Its all good. I was just SO excited to witness their progression and how happy their little faces were to be sad in any way. Now impending marriage of the first born beloved daughter....Tears already, and we have months to go before that day comes. Not quite sure what that is about. I though I was as tough as nails. I guess I have a soft side after all. LOL!

    ReplyDelete