Wednesday, February 29, 2012

it is time for a change peeps!



Do you ever feel totally awkward and left out?  I am having some issues with that right now.  Sadly I am acting like the lame head gear wearing girl in the plaid jumper swaying against the wall at the dance my parents forced me to go to.  I am letting the mean girls stick me in a proverbial corner.  You want to hear the crazy thing?  That is NOT who I am.  Why am I letting the mean girls get to me?  Why is it messing with my self esteem?  Why do some women have to be so awful?  I don't understand the need for competition between women.  Not a single one of us is better than another.  We are all different and wonderful!  That should be celebrated.  We should be buoying each other up.  Helping each other out.  Who else can really understand our needs and our feelings?  I hate to say it but men fall short at times and only another woman can understand where we are coming from.  I know that I am guilty of acting in an unkind way towards other women.  Either by gossip, back biting or just plain ignoring them.  I am no saint.  And I am pretty ashamed right now about it.  You really truly realize how awful it is when you are on the other side of it.  Sad but true!  I can say that this experience has opened my eyes and will affect my actions in the future.  I have to wonder if the women who are giving me a hard time really realize what they are doing.  I hope not but I think they do.  It is a hard cycle to get out of.  There always seems to be one lady in the bunch that has a particularly low self esteem.  She is the one that is the cause of most of the problems.  If the linch pin chick is removed from the situation my guess is that the whole bunch would straighten up and fly right.  Maybe they are just a big gaggle of woman who are nasty!  It doesn't really matter what the group dynamic is like.  What matters is that it needs to end.  And not just my bullies but all bullies!  I feel like the golden rule is a good place to start.  Lets all treat each other as we want to be treated.  A simple adage to live by.   

4 comments:

  1. Don't let the mean ones get you down... there are always mean people in this world and usually it's because they are so unhappy with their own lives. I grew up being teased terribly... it was hurtful and should have destroyed my self esteem. I didn't allow that to happen. And, now, being 50 years old, I'll be damned if anyone gets to me. Remember you are an intelligent person and wonderful, creative, outgoing and strong. Don't sweat the small stuff and put people who are not a positive influence out of your life!!! Have a great upcoming weekend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey! I wish that all woman had a friend like you! I needed your comment. I am going to try my damndest to not let them get to me.

      Delete
  2. Oh no they didn't! I hope you know that they are not worth one drop of your beautiful energy to be wasted on. I love you! You are always welcome in my circle. Tracey is SO right but I am still young enough (ha-ha young ya right! LOL!) and dumb enough to want to kick some trash! NO ONE treats my baby sister poorly!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are awesome Emma! I am lucky to get to be your sister. I am glad I can come and be in your circle. That is a good place to be!

      Delete