Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fill In The Blank Friday


photo taken by my hubs

"If I could get away for the day, I would go....."

Up to the mountains.  At least the ones that aren't on fire right now!  I love the cool mountain air.  Heading up the canyons can make the difference of about 15 degrees sometimes.  I love the drive up any of them!  With the windows down you can feel the temperature drop as you head higher.  Heaven!  Needless to say it has been a very hot and dry summer here.  And I HATE it.  Summer nights are great.  Don't get me wrong!  I love that the days are longer but man oh man the heat during the day is about more than I can take.

Not too mention all the beauty in the mountains!  I never really appreciated the beauty of Utah when I was a kid.  As an adult I am in love.  There are a lot of hikes and nature walks that are within 15 minutes from pretty much anywhere in the state.  There are also plenty of rivers, creeks and lakes.  And it is all free (mostly)!  Even camping isn't too expensive as long as you have the equipment.  That is fantastic for us and our limited cash flow.  As well as for our new desire to be healthier.  We have no excuse!  This is an easy place to be active.   



No comments:

Post a Comment