Monday, April 15, 2013

Pretty Pots!


Over spring break we let the kids paint up a couple of pots and pick some flowers to put in them.  The kids and I each picked a paint color.  I figured that way they could paint their hearts out and we could have some coordinating new pots.  Can you guess what color I chose?  I can't help it!  I love black.  The kids did such an amazing job.  I love the fun abstract look of each one.  I think I am going to buy one of those huge terra-cotta pot and let them have at with the same colors.  Wouldn't that be lovely?  Now to keep the flowers alive.

On a side note: Any advice on sealing them?  The paint was an outdoor paint but I am wondering (probably a little late) if I need to use a sealant on them?  They were rained and snowed on and seemed to hold up just fine but I want them to last for at least a few years.  Any advice?     

   Oh I am into spring.  I love it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment