Saturday, February 23, 2013

Weekend Links



It has been a week.  What else can I say?  We had a bit of a health scare with my dad this week.  That is never good.  He is fine though!  Luckily!  And having codeine dreams which he says are crazy. HA!  It has been a little wake up call too.  I need to get healthy for me and my family.  I want to look good naked and all but really I need to start eating better and exercising regularly so that I can live a life full of vitality and happiness.  I don't want my children to watch me slowly die because of stupid choices I made early in life.  On that same note- I also don't want to slowly die because of choices I have made.  That is an experience I could do without.  I know that life will throw you curve balls and health is not a guarantee.  But I want to know that I made every effort to fight against that.  I also want to make changes in a healthy way.  NO crash diets or crazy workouts.  With that being said all the help and advice that is given lovingly and kindly is greatly appreciated!  Shall we link it up?


I am starting to think that winter is never going to end.  I may have to make this cowl to get me through!  It is snowing as I type this.

I want to make this top!!  It would be great for spring and summer in a nice floral print.  Plus so freaking easy.

Have you seen the blog/site another lunch?  It is a great source when you are running out of ideas to feed the kiddies (or adults).  Also Totoro bento boxes.  Um flip yeah.

I am on the look out for new slow cooker meals since our nights are so crazy.  And Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken looks awesome. OH the spicy goodness!

"This is Bowie to Bowie!  Can you hear me out there man?!".  Do you know what program that line is from?  I like the David Bowie!  And this kids t-shirt.

I so needed to read this post from Mandey at Mama Mandolin.  It really struck home.  I need to love myself now.  Not sometime down the road when I get to my "after".  What are we saying to ourselves?  The after never comes.  There is always something else that we don't think is good enough.  On to the next project!  I am going to work on being content right now with myself.

Cute hand warmers!  My mom made large rice bags for us growing up.  They were great on a cold night!  This tiny version is genius!  

No comments:

Post a Comment