Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Embracing change



We have been doing a little adjusting around here.  That is probably the biggest reason for the lack of posts.  OH and we lost a set of rechargeable batteries so we have been switching them around to all of our electronic devices.  Obviously the computer mouse has been getting the short end of the stick.  Rechargeable batteries are crazy expensive!  I know they save me money in the long run but damn! 

Anywho... back to adjusting!  Nicholas, my fabulous husband, just got a new job and has been working a boat load.  That means 60-70+ hours most weeks.  That also means that I am now a SAHM.  YAY!  I feel like I have to pinch myself whenever I think about it.  I don't think it has really sunk in yet.  I have worked since I was 16 non-stop.  This last week we have been adjusting to never seeing Nick and to me being home full time.  Not seeing Nick has been rough for me and the kids.  He is part of my happiness.  That is not to say that my happiness depends on him entirely.  But he is by far my favorite person in the world.  He puts a smile easily on my face.  I am not trying to sound whiney!  I am so grateful for the sacrifice he is making for our family.  He amazes me more everyday.  I miss him though!  Whine whine whine!  I will say that the time we have together has been extra special.  We never fought much before but we haven't at all since he started 2 weeks ago.  The kids go nuts for him every time they see him.  It is freaking cute!  I think the four of us are already appreciating each other more.  Lets see how we feel a few months down the road!    

The whole point of this is to say that we have had some major changes in our life the last bit.  I am trying to learn to embrace change.  Which has never been easy for me!  Really who is it easy for though?  If you adjust well to change please give me some advice on how to accept and love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment