Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Weight Loss week #4

This week was a great one with the weight loss!  I lost three pounds.  I am officially up to 12 pounds lost.  W00T!  Can I get an amen?!  I hope they never find me again.

  I mentioned last week that I am giving up sugar for a month.  It apparently worked wonders for me this week.  Let's hope the momentum keeps going!  You know the best part?  I didn't count a single calorie.  I did, however, have to give up one of my major vices.  I admit I had a scoop of ice cream at a neighborhood ice cream social.  I am a social sugar eater.  But other than that I controlled myself.  I am proud.  On to the weekly pictures.  I know that I have a lot of weight to lose but I was hoping against hope to notice a little more of a change after 12 pounds.  Maybe I should do a slider thing with monthly pictures?  Maybe then I can get a better look at my progress.  

    


I look pregnant here.  Boo!



One thing I noticed giving up the sugar is that within the first three days my taste buds exploded!  Everything I ate had a very enhanced flavor.  I noticed particularly a spiciness to my Pepsi Max (don't judge!) that I had never noticed before.  It is a little sad to think I have been missing out on the true vibrant flavors of my food!  

I honestly don't think I could maintain this strict restriction in my diet but I do believe I can get it under control.  That is all I am hoping for.  I need to remember that sweets are not supposed to be an every single day type of thing.  They are supposed to be a treat. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment