Monday, July 11, 2011

Two books....








For my birthday this year I posted a list of 27 things I want to accomplish before I turn 28.  
My 27 before 28.  One of them is to read 12 books.  That may seem super easy to most people but I get obsessed with finishing the book.  Everything comes 2nd to getting that next chapter read.  Feeding my children and bathing and forget about getting any dishes done!  I am sort of kidding but mostly not!  I have learned to avoid reading because of that very problem.  What can I say?  I love to read!  I love to sit down with a book and often times I fall in love with the characters and the scenery.  That happened with the 2 books I just read over the last two weeks.  I read the first two books in the Kane series by Rick Riordan. (a third is due out nexy spring!)  These books deal with Ancient Egypt.  Oh my my!  I love Ancient Egypt.  So much so that I think I was an Ancient Egyptian in a past life!  For reals!  I was freaking Nefertiti people!  Actually I probably wasn't.  A girl can wish though.  Anyways........  I highly recommend you read both the The Red Pyramid and 
The Throne of Fire.  Keeping in mind that they are Young Adult books.  They are meant for teenagers and you can tell when you read them but they are for sure worth the read!

So now all I need to do is read 10 more books and I can cross that off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment